40 Quick Healthy Snacks
- Trail mix: Mix dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and a handful of real dark chocolate chips
- Fresh fruit: Whatever deliciousness is in season – our selection this week is apples, oranges, and strawberries
- Dried Fruit: Raisins, dried berries, dried apple slices
- Salad: If your veggies are pre-washed you can put this together very quickly. As well, salad can be preassembled. Simply add protein and dressing at serving time.
- Veggies: carrots, radishes, sugar snap peas, celery, peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes
- Steamed veggies: Top them with cheese or chopped hard-boiled eggs
- Eggs: Nature’s fastest protein – boil, scramble, poach or fry – eggs make a great topper for other “fast foods”
- Yogurt Parfait: Top your homemade yogurt with fruit and granola
- Cheese: Opt for a healthy version without additives and artificial colors
- Smoothies: Throw fruits, veggies, yogurt and your milk of choice into the blender. Add a little pure vanilla and some honey. We like to freeze fruit for this purpose to make a rich thick shake.
- Homemade granola cookies
- No-bake haystack cookies
- Hummus: Serve the dip with veggie sticks, homemade crackers, or tortillas
- Applesauce: Try topping it with homemade granola and vanilla yogurt for a quick no-cook “apple crisp”
- Chocolate Milk
- Apples with natural peanut butter
- Frozen Yogurt Berries: Toss well-washed berries in homemade vanilla yogurt. Place them on a baking sheet in the freezer for at least 2 hours for a cold, healthy treat
- Pancakes or Waffles: Top with fruit for a nutrition boost
- Couscous: This speedy grain only requires the addition of boiling water or broth. Let it sit for 5 minutes, covered, and you have an instant hearty side dish. Add some steamed veggies and lean protein to turn it into a one dish meal
- Cottage cheese: Top homemade cottage cheese with fresh fruit
- Home-canned food: Meals like chili, soup, and spaghetti sauce can be pressure canned at home for a delicious healthy “fast food meal”
- Fruit Salad: Top it with nuts and a honey-sweetened yogurt for a protein boost
- Dill Pickles: Home-canned, of course
- Ants-on-a-log: Celery sticks stuffed with natural peanut butter then topped with raisins
- Quick Greek Salad: Chopped cucumber, peppers and cherry tomatoes with feta cheese and vinaigrette
- Homemade Fruitsicles: Puree fruit that is overripe, then freeze it in popsicle forms – strawberry-banana is a favorite combo here
- Savory snack mix: Popcorn and nuts sprinkled with parmesan cheese and spices
- Tzatziki: This yummy Greek garlic and yogurt dip is a satisfying snack with homemade crackers or veggies
- Medjool dates and almonds
- Frozen grapes
- Homemade gazpacho: Puree tomatoes, peppers, onions, jalapenos, and other seasonal veggies. Keep in the fridge and serve cold.
- Quick Banana Nut Cookies: Mash 2 overripe bananas well. Stir in 1 cup of steel-cut oats and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Latte: Make a delicious latte with a homemade creamer
- Mexican Black Bean Salad: (you can use a can of rinsed organic black beans or beans that you cooked yourself previously) 1 cup of black beans, 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers, some fresh cilantro, and lemon juice
- Green Apple Salad: Chopped green apple, red grapes, and walnuts sprinkled with a dressing made from honey, lemon juice and cinnamon
FIND OUT HOW GREEN JUICE SMOOTHIE RECIPES ARE SO HEALTHY FOR YOU!
We all strive to keep well and healthy and a lot of us try to figure out what is the best things to put into our bodies. Saying that, the green vegetable smoothie has so many nutrients and vitamins, and is great for detoxing the body, and making you feel great and look fantastic!
HOW THE GREEN JUICE SMOOTHIE DIET CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE STARTING TODAY!
Ever thought the green juice smoothie craze was just a fad? Think again. There are thousands of success stories from people who have incorporated these juices into their life, and the simple green juice smoothie has changed lives around the world.
Whether you are looking to lose weight, improve your skin, look younger, improve your general health, or detoxify the body, green juices can be a powerful weapon in your arsenal. Don’t believe us? Then read this…
Can a Green Juice Smoothie Really Change Your Life?
A recent documentary by Sergei Boutenko called Powered by Green Smoothies looked at the effects of green juice smoothies on ten ultrarunners and CrossFitters over a period of time. Both groups kept their training the same but added green smoothie into their diet every day for six weeks. The results?
Those who consumed more of these juices experienced less soreness and recovered quicker from their training. The athletes were able to improve their health just by incorporating this simple superfood into their diet! For example, one participant in the documentary was able to run for a further 20 miles after 10 days off instead of his normal month-long recovery.
The Health Benefits Of The green juice Smoothie
The humble green juice smoothie has been shown to have a plethora of health benefits on various individuals. Whether it’s kale, cucumber, mint, apple, or spinach, drinking more of these ingredients can help to lower the risk of developing disease later in life, reduce blood pressure, aid with digestion, improve skin, and provide the body with a boost of energy.
Packed full of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, these juices can help to get rid of free radicals in the body and reduce toxin build-up, making them a powerful tonic for the body. In fact, a green juice smoothie cleanse can help to get burn unwanted fat and leave you looking and feeling younger.