1. Watch your diet
Experts have weighed in on this topic, and what they have concluded after many studies is that your metabolism slows down when you cut calories. This might seem counter-productive if you are trying to lose weight, but if you remember to get regular exercise, it can negate that slowdown effect.
Gradual weight loss will keep your metabolism chugging along. If you are trying to lose weight, cut no more than 500 calories from your daily diet and be sure to work off the same amount of calories when you workout.
2. Stop stressing
If you have been stressed out about your job, your family, or any other factor in your life, you need to find a way to cope with the stress positively. Research has shown that when you are completely stressed out, your metabolism can’t deal.
At a study conducted by Ohio State University, women that were stressed to the max burned less calories after eating a high-fat meal when pressed with stress the day prior to eating that meal. Too much stress could cause you to add 11 pounds a year. Eek.
3. Go fast
While experts shun most cleanses and other trendy diets of starvation, new research seems to show that fasting in a certain way might actually help. Alternate-day fasting allows one to eat without any restrictions on one day and then on the next day, only allows one to eat 500 calories. This method triggers weight loss without slowing up your metabolism.
4. Pump some iron
Lifting weights is one of the best ways to rev up your metabolism. Most people are aware of the benefits of strength training, however a newer research has shown that when lifting weights, one of the best things you can do is go slowly instead of fast. By resting for several minutes between sets, you’re helping to promote the growth of muscles.
5. Eat protein properly
Protein is fuel for muscle growth. However, you need to split up the amount of it you consume evenly throughout your day. Your body can only handle roughly 4 to 6 ounces of protein at once. Eating more than that during a meal will cause it to be stored as fat.
6. Employ calorie blasters throughout the day
There are many other little things you can do during your day that will make a difference, like exercising in the morning on an empty stomach, drinking more water, adding small bursts of activity to your day such as a walk on your lunch break, and sleeping in colder temperatures can all contribute to a speedier metabolism.
7. Health problems can cause metabolism issues
Certain health issues like thyroid disorders, prediabetes, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, and polycystic ovary syndrome are just some of the ones that can turn your metabolism upside down. If you have any of these health problems, discuss your options with your doctor.
By working these tips into your day, you will soon start to feel your metabolism working more efficiently and quickly for you. And when that happens, you will be able to achieve the goals you have been dreaming about.
I try to stress to people hat I literally eat CONSTANTLY. Every 2-3 hours something is going in my mouth. My bag is always full of snacks. And I ALWAYS carry extra snacks because you just never know when you are going to be stuck somewhere. Especially with this snow on the east coast, I am constantly dealing with train delays and getting stuck!
The last time to go searching for food is when you are already hungry. Then you aren’t likely going to make the healthiest choice. So I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorites!!
1. Almonds – they now come in 100 calorie packs, but I usually figure about 12. They keep me full! I usually don’t eat them on their own. I have them with string cheese or fruit.
2. Fruit- my favorites are apples and bananas.
3. Quest Bars- you guys, I am in LOVE with Quest bars…you don’t even know. They are low carb and taste sinful!!
4. Popcorn- I will airpop it myself or I enjoy Boom Chika Pop and Skinny Pop. I often add a tbsp of quality dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa or above where cocoa is one of the only ingredients).
5. Kind Bars- quality ingredients and really filling. These are great because they are basically sold everywhere now.
6. Dark Chocolate- I have QUALITY dark chocolate almost every day. I have a wicked sweet tooth so incorporating dark chocolate into my diet helps prevent me from getting that CRAVING. You know the feeling.
7. Carrots and Celery with 2 tbsp almond butter, guacamole, hummus.
8. Hard Boiled Eggs.
9. Jerky- as natural as possible, preferably nitrate free, with no added sugars or sweeteners.
10. Kale Chips.
#WeightLoss #Fruit #Heatlhy #nutrition