1. Watch your diet
Experts have weighed in on this topic, and what they have concluded after many studies is that your metabolism slows down when you cut calories. This might seem counter-productive if you are trying to lose weight, but if you remember to get regular exercise, it can negate that slowdown effect.
Gradual weight loss will keep your metabolism chugging along. If you are trying to lose weight, cut no more than 500 calories from your daily diet and be sure to work off the same amount of calories when you workout.
2. Stop stressing
If you have been stressed out about your job, your family, or any other factor in your life, you need to find a way to cope with the stress positively. Research has shown that when you are completely stressed out, your metabolism can’t deal.
At a study conducted by Ohio State University, women that were stressed to the max burned less calories after eating a high-fat meal when pressed with stress the day prior to eating that meal. Too much stress could cause you to add 11 pounds a year. Eek.
3. Go fast
While experts shun most cleanses and other trendy diets of starvation, new research seems to show that fasting in a certain way might actually help. Alternate-day fasting allows one to eat without any restrictions on one day and then on the next day, only allows one to eat 500 calories. This method triggers weight loss without slowing up your metabolism.
4. Pump some iron
Lifting weights is one of the best ways to rev up your metabolism. Most people are aware of the benefits of strength training, however a newer research has shown that when lifting weights, one of the best things you can do is go slowly instead of fast. By resting for several minutes between sets, you’re helping to promote the growth of muscles.
5. Eat protein properly
Protein is fuel for muscle growth. However, you need to split up the amount of it you consume evenly throughout your day. Your body can only handle roughly 4 to 6 ounces of protein at once. Eating more than that during a meal will cause it to be stored as fat.
6. Employ calorie blasters throughout the day
There are many other little things you can do during your day that will make a difference, like exercising in the morning on an empty stomach, drinking more water, adding small bursts of activity to your day such as a walk on your lunch break, and sleeping in colder temperatures can all contribute to a speedier metabolism.
7. Health problems can cause metabolism issues
Certain health issues like thyroid disorders, prediabetes, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, and polycystic ovary syndrome are just some of the ones that can turn your metabolism upside down. If you have any of these health problems, discuss your options with your doctor.
By working these tips into your day, you will soon start to feel your metabolism working more efficiently and quickly for you. And when that happens, you will be able to achieve the goals you have been dreaming about.
Here Are The Top 15 Reasons Women Should Squat
1) Can Help Your Circulation – Stretching your body through daily squatting gets the blood pumping in your body, while improving circulation. This leads to the overall health of your body. Squatting helps to increase the nutrients and oxygen getting to the vital muscles and organs in your body. This can lead to extra energy during the day and yes ladies, even saying goodbye to cellulite.
2) Can Improve Your Digestive System – The muscular motion of the squat exercise helps to push fluids through your body, while helping you to easily eliminate wastes and toxins. This process can help to improve your digestive system and other systems in your body.
3) Tones your body – Although you are focused on building and toning your leg muscles, the squatting exercise also helps to promote and build muscles in other parts of your body. The exercise creates the anabolic environment that releases hormones in the body. These hormones are vital in building up organ and tissue growth throughout the entire body.
4) They’re Low Impact – Squats are a low impact aerobic exercise that does not place pressure on your back, knees or joints. This is great to know for those who suffer with back and knee problems. Getting your body and muscles stronger could not be easier than doing your daily squats.
5) They’re convenient! – The squatting exercise can be done anywhere and does not require expensive gym equipment. You can do squats in the comfort of your own home, in your office or at the gym, if that is your preference.
6) Improves Balance and Posture – Squats help with strengthening your back muscles, which allows you to correct posture and imbalances in the body. This protects the muscle tissue, if you are sedentary in your work or if you are lifting heavy objects for long periods of time. Doing squats helps to release the pressure on your back, while leaving you walking like a beauty queen.
7) Helps You to Lose Weight – We all could lose a pound or two in our bodies. So, it is good news to know that the squatting motion leads to burning calories in the entire body. In addition to muscle toning and tissue growth, the squat can help you lose weight. And that’s great news for every woman, who is wanting to lose those extra pounds.
8) Improves Bones, Joints and Muscles – Increases Oxygen and Blood Flow Around the Joints – The squatting motion helps to strengthen your bones, joints and muscles. Squats, when done properly, help create an environment where oxygen and blood flow naturally around the joints. This gives you more energy, while allowing you to feel better throughout your day.
9) Tones The Entire Body – The myth about the squatting motion is that it is designed to tone specific muscles in your leg. Many exercises that are done at home or in the gym, will target a specific area in the body. However, squats are one of the most beneficial exercises, because the squatting motion helps to tone not just your entire leg, but your entire body.
10) Gets Your Booty Firm – If you are looking for the best exercise for toning your booty, then look no further than the squat. Everybody can benefit from a great butt, and with the squatting exercise you can have one. Squats help to tone the muscle in your butt, without placing added pressure on your back. So get your rear end in shape for the summer ladies, by doing your daily squats.
11) Better Leg Muscles – One of the most beneficial things about squatting, is that it helps to tone your leg muscles. Helping to tone the quadriceps and hamstrings are definitely 2 benefits of doing daily squats. You’ll be surprised at how many people notice your legs looking better than ever.
12) Strengthen Your Core and Abdominal Muscles – Many experts agree that having a strong core, is one of the most essential things that you can do for your body. Performing daily squats will help to strengthen your abdominal muscles, thus helping to strengthen your core. There are countless health benefits that will come from this, including easier bending, and improved posture.
13) Burn More Fat – Squats help to increase your metabolism, which leads to your body burning more fat. As a whole, exercise in general does this, but because of the intensity that the squat places on the body, fat can be burned from your entire body and not just a specific area.
14) Eases Day to Day Activities That Use the Squatting Motion – Everyone says that practice makes perfect. Well, doing your daily squats are no exception. There are daily activities that you will do, that resemble the squatting motion. Having to pick up boxes or your children with regularity, can all be made easier by doing your daily squatting exercises. By practicing perfect daily form during exercise, you will know what to do when a situation arises when you will have to perfect the squatting motion, which leads to the last point…
15) Helps to Prevent Injuries – Athletes often use squats as a part of their daily training regimen. This is because it helps to keep them from getting injured. The professional athlete is under constant pressure, from the possibility of getting injured. Squats help to build bones, muscles, joints, the abdomen and core muscles, while lending way to improved overall health. The benefits extend beyond athletes, and will help keep you safe doing tasks around the house, like moving or lifting things.
FIND OUT HOW GREEN JUICE SMOOTHIE RECIPES ARE SO HEALTHY FOR YOU!
We all strive to keep well and healthy and a lot of us try to figure out what is the best things to put into our bodies. Saying that, the green vegetable smoothie has so many nutrients and vitamins, and is great for detoxing the body, and making you feel great and look fantastic!
HOW THE GREEN JUICE SMOOTHIE DIET CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE STARTING TODAY!
Ever thought the green juice smoothie craze was just a fad? Think again. There are thousands of success stories from people who have incorporated these juices into their life, and the simple green juice smoothie has changed lives around the world.
Whether you are looking to lose weight, improve your skin, look younger, improve your general health, or detoxify the body, green juices can be a powerful weapon in your arsenal. Don’t believe us? Then read this…
Can a Green Juice Smoothie Really Change Your Life?
A recent documentary by Sergei Boutenko called Powered by Green Smoothies looked at the effects of green juice smoothies on ten ultrarunners and CrossFitters over a period of time. Both groups kept their training the same but added green smoothie into their diet every day for six weeks. The results?
Those who consumed more of these juices experienced less soreness and recovered quicker from their training. The athletes were able to improve their health just by incorporating this simple superfood into their diet! For example, one participant in the documentary was able to run for a further 20 miles after 10 days off instead of his normal month-long recovery.
The Health Benefits Of The green juice Smoothie
The humble green juice smoothie has been shown to have a plethora of health benefits on various individuals. Whether it’s kale, cucumber, mint, apple, or spinach, drinking more of these ingredients can help to lower the risk of developing disease later in life, reduce blood pressure, aid with digestion, improve skin, and provide the body with a boost of energy.
Packed full of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, these juices can help to get rid of free radicals in the body and reduce toxin build-up, making them a powerful tonic for the body. In fact, a green juice smoothie cleanse can help to get burn unwanted fat and leave you looking and feeling younger.
8 Signs You May Have Gluten Intolerance
Almost anybody can tell you at least a little bit about gluten, as it has become quite the villain in today’s dietary world. In reality, gluten intolerance is a very serious issue and, although it may be up on the radar recently, it is more than just a passing fad.
Most people tend to consider gluten intolerance to be a food allergy or they may equate it with celiac disease. It is neither. It is a condition that occurs in the gut and if it is not cared for properly, it can affect your lifestyle in many ways.
When gluten proteins remain undigested in the gut, they are considered a foreign invader by the body and treated as such. As a result, your gut can become irritated and the absorption of food is reduced significantly.
Gastrointestinal issues can cause a number of uncomfortable problems, including pain, diarrhea and vomiting. When it comes to gluten intolerance, however, the signs may be similar or they could be quite different. Unfortunately, an issue with gluten intolerance often goes undiagnosed because most people continue to eat gluten and simply ignore the symptoms they are experiencing. Doing so can lead to additional diseases and autoimmune problems that could last a lifetime.
The following are 8 common signs that could point to gluten intolerance. If you are experiencing these symptoms with any severity, your doctor should be consulted.
1. Stomach Pain – One of the most common signs of gluten intolerance is stomach pain, along with other gastrointestinal issues. Those issues can include bloating, diarrhea, gas and constipation. When you eat foods that contain gluten, it can irritate the lining of the small intestine and can affect your ability to absorb vitamins and minerals from the food you’re eating.
2. Dizziness – Although most people would ignore this issue or consider it to be something else, gluten intolerance can often lead to disorientation, brain fog and feeling as if you are off-balance. Those issues are more likely to occur after you eat foods that contain gluten.
If you constantly have a cloudy feeling, don’t consider it to be normal, it isn’t! After you removed gluten from your diet, you may feel as if the cloud has been lifted from your thoughts.
3. Mood Swings – It is true that many different issues could lead to mood swings but gluten intolerance is one of those issues that should not be ignored. Many people that have such an intolerance feel as if they are anxious, irritable and upset for no reason after eating gluten.
4. Migraines – headaches can occur for many reasons as well but gluten intolerance can lead to chronic migraines and it should be considered a warning sign. Typically, the migraine will occur anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes after you eat.
5. Skin Itchiness – Due to the fact that your gut is having a problem processing gluten, inflammation is likely to follow. Your skin may also experience problems as a result of the inflammation, and it can show in a number of different ways. When your gut is unhappy, it can lead to dry, itchy skin and issues such as psoriasis and eczema.
6. Fibromyalgia – Approximately 4% of the population in the United States, mostly women, suffer from fibromyalgia. There are some rheumatology experts who feel as if gluten sensitivity may have a lot to do with the prevalence of fibromyalgia. It may not be directly related to it, but the gluten sensitivity could cause health problems that would lead to a secondary form of fibromyalgia.
7. Chronic Fatigue – When there are problems in the body, you are likely to feel mentally and physically exhausted. Even though you may be getting plenty of sleep at night, you still wake up in the morning feeling as if you are drained. This also has a lot to do with inflammation and the energy your body is expanding while it tries to manage the gluten proteins that you should not be eating.
8. Lactose Intolerance – The symptoms of gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance are very similar to each other. That is why it shouldn’t be surprising that individuals who have a problem with lactose may be more likely to have a problem with gluten proteins. In addition, dairy can lead to acid reflux and in turn, that can be a large part of gluten intolerance.
Posted by Nadine Lourens – When it comes to losing weight, food can be your ally not your enemy. Certain foods keep you satiated, which stop you from over eating. The combinations of complex carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals work together to rebuild and fuel your body, which is the key component to weight loss. Dont think of it as a diet, where you have to count every calorie and weigh your food on a little scale. #weightloss